Updated April 6, 2020
As a result of developing issues with the COVID-19 virus, all in-person 341 meetings scheduled through May 10, 2020 will be conducted as telephonic meetings. Notices including the call-in information are being sent in each case. The date of the meeting may change, which will be indicated on the notice. If you have not received a 341 notice with a telephonic hearing call-in number – please contact your Trustee.
Updated March 19, 2020
The court is committed to continuing service to the public during the COVID-19 outbreak. To protect individuals involved in bankruptcy cases, as well as court employees, from transmission of the virus the court has instituted the following filing procedures:
To submit documents please do the following:
- Complete the coversheet and attach to an envelope.
- Place your documents and any payments in the envelope.
- Place in the drop box for collection by the clerk.
- Your pleadings will be processed the next day.
If you need to speak to Clerk’s Office staff immediately, you can use your cellphone to call us directly from the lobby, at one of the numbers listed below:
- 602-682-4907 (Phoenix)
- 520-202-7907 (Tucson)
If you wish to follow up on your submission, you can call the Clerk's Office during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) at the following numbers:
- 602-682-4000 (Phoenix)
- 520-202-7500 (Tucson)
- 800-556-9230 (Toll Free)
For up-to-date information regarding court operations during the COVID-19 Outbreak, please visit our website at www.azb.uscourts.gov.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
March 12, 2020
The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Arizona would like to assure the public that we are following all recommended guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as the Arizona Department of Health Services to ensure the safety and health of the public and our staff.
Please note the following:
If you have a scheduled court proceeding or are otherwise required to appear at one of the courthouses in the District of Arizona and are experiencing any flu like symptoms, have a fever, are coughing or sneezing, you should proceed as follows before appearing:
• If you are represented by an attorney, please contact the attorney.
• If you are an attorney and are scheduled to appear in court before a judge, please contact the
• For District Court matters, please contact the Clerk of Court at 602-322-7200 in Phoenix or in Tucson call 520-205-4200.
If you fall within a higher risk category, or are otherwise uncomfortable appearing in person for a non-evidentiary hearing before the bankruptcy court, please contact the chambers of the assigned judge to request permission to appear telephonically. Each judge has procedures for telephonic attendance listed under their chamber's procedures page of the Court website: http://www.azb.uscourts.gov/procedures
If you have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19 and you have symptoms of the disease (fever, cough, shortness of breath) reach out to your healthcare provider for details on how to proceed with proper medical care. DO NOT visit a courthouse.
Stay informed by:
• Visiting the AZ Department of Health Services website at: https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/index.php#novel-coronavirus-public-resources
• Visiting the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov
• Visiting the WHO website: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Thank you for your cooperation.