Places of Filing; Hearing Sites
(a) Places of Filing.
(1) Filing with Clerk. Petitions initiating cases under Title 11 shall be filed with the Clerk.
(2) Phoenix. Maricopa, Apache, Navajo, Coconino, Gila and Yavapai county cases should be filed with the Clerk's office in Phoenix.
(3) Tucson. Pima, Cochise, Santa Cruz, Graham, Pinal and Greenlee county cases should be filed with the Clerk's office in Tucson.
(4) Yuma. Yuma, La Paz and Mohave county cases should be filed with the Clerk's office in Phoenix or Tucson.
(b) Hearing Sites. Unless otherwise directed by the Court, all judicial proceedings in bankruptcy cases will be heard at the following sites:
(1) Phoenix. Cases originating from Apache, Gila, Maricopa, or Navajo counties shall be heard in Phoenix.
(2) Tucson. Cases originating from Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, Pima, Pinal, and Santa Cruz counties shall be heard in Tucson.
(3) Yuma. Cases originating in Yuma and La Paz counties shall be heard in Yuma.
(4) Flagstaff/Bullhead City. Cases originating in Coconino, Mohave, and Yavapai counties shall be heard in Flagstaff or Bullhead City as the Court may direct.
(c) Change of Hearing Site. Any party who wishes to change the hearing site of a particular judicial proceeding or an entire case must file a motion justifying the change of hearing site. Notwithstanding the provisions of this Local Rule, the Court reserves the right to assign a particular judicial proceeding or case to another site.
Notes 2018: Former LR 1071-1 Divisions – Bankruptcy Court and 1072-1 Places of Holding Court consolidated.
|Back to Local Rules list||Previous • Next|