The U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Arizona upgraded its CM/ECF system to the Next Generation of CM/ECF (NextGen) on June 28, 2021. NextGen brings new functionality that will allow electronic filers to utilize a single login and password for efiling and PACER access in all NextGen federal courts (bankruptcy, district and appellate) in which they have permission to file. A function known as Central Sign-On (CSO).
What You Need to Do
1. Get your own PACER account. Each filer must have their own individual PACER account. Shared PACER accounts cannot be used to file in NextGen.
2. Upgrade Your Existing PACER account. If you already have an individual PACER account and it was issued prior to August 11, 2014, you will need to upgrade it.
3. Link your upgraded PACER account to your CM/ECF account. You will not be able to electronically file until the two accounts have been linked. You will only have to do this one time. Please click here for instructions. If you do not know your CM/ECF password, you can reset it during the linking process or you can contact our ECF Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-682-4900.
4. Filing Agents. If you are an attorney or trustee that had multiple filing accounts prior to NextGen, you will now need to use filing agents. Each filing agent will also need their own PACER account. For information regarding filing agents, click here.
5. PACER Administrative Account. Firms can set up a PACER Administrative Account (PAA) to help manage all their PACER accounts and have those individual accounts centrally billed for PACER access fees. Staff members who share a PACER account for research purposes can continue to share the account; it just cannot be utilized to efile.
6. Training sessions on how to prepare for NextGen are being offered. Please click here for further information.
Any questions regarding PACER accounts should be directed to the PACER Service Center at email@example.com or 800-676-6856. Additional information and FAQ regarding NextGen can be found at https://pacer.uscourts.gov/file-case/get-ready-nextgen-cmecf and https://pacer.uscourts.gov/help/faqs/nextgen-cm-ecf